Monday, May 2, 2011

Modern Meadow Goodness!

At the beginning of the new year, my aunt gave me a call & asked if I could make her a table runner to be used as part of a wedding gift. The wedding is in Holland! (so cool)

Since I don't know much anything about the couple, I tried to make something I thought most people would like. Which meant using one of my favourite lines, Modern Meadow. Who couldn't like that, right?
I added in some Kona solids (artichoke, taupe & navy to be exact) & this is what I came up with!


  



The 'back', although it's really reversible.
 



I just LOVE binding!


I have been hoarding these fabrics for a quilt to live with me and this project helped me make the first cuts into my stash. Now when I have the time to work on it, I know it won't be as scary! I will add the solids into mine too as I think they worked beautifully with modern meadow. (Thank you Kona card!)


          
 I am linking up to Lily's Quilts for May's fresh sewing day.  :)      

Fresh Sewing Day @ Lily's Quilts

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Modern Meadow is one of my favorites too and I love it with the solids. I need a color card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi :)
    And yes, get a colour card! I have so much fun taking all my fabrics & matching them up with Konas...everything in my [small] stash has a little post-it with corresponding colours, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Isn't it so hard to make that first cut into the really cherished fabrics??

    Thanks for the comment on my quilt post too -- I tried to send you an email reply but yours came up as "no-reply-blogger" I know there's a way to change that but I don't remember how. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sides of the runner are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan. I think it happened that way because I didn't have a real plan & ended up with extra parts to be used up. Well, that & since I don't know the couple, I wanted to give them two chances to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emedoodle - thank you! I didn't know my settings were like that! I had checked once & my email was there...but there was a little box I needed to check. Done. Thanks again.
    And, I totally procrastinate at the cutting stage all the time! Either I love the fabric, or it's fabric someone else bought, either way, I don't want to mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this a lot! I can so relate to how hard to cut into your favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I came over from Lily's Quilts. I really like this table runner. I think it looks great on the glass tabletop! You did a really nice job with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.